These solidifiers are specially formulated with a wetting agent for encapsulating blood or other potentially infectious fluids found in suction canisters, bags etc.
For example, where treatments require the use of Suction Canisters, such treatment generally produces a considerable volume of body fluids and infectious waste. When disposing of these materials with conventional procedures, the possibility of splashing, spraying, or leaky canisters can present a serious risk in the workplace. The handling of liquid waste is eliminated when, for example, 30 grams of ‘Red Z‘ is emptied directly into the canister – within minutes the canister’s contents is firmed and solidified. The special wetting agent enables Red Z to sink to the bottom of the canister, rise through the liquid, ensuring total solidification.
The benefits are:
- Have an extremely powerful polyacrylate base for optimum solidification
- Change hazardous liquids into an easy-to-handle gel
- Isolate, contain and prevent the spread of biohazardous fluids
- Minimise splashing, spraying and splattering of blood or other potentially infectious fluids
- Eliminate the problem of disposing free liquids into landfills